Cambodians

Khmer people (; Khmer: ជនជាតិខ្មែរ, Khmer pronunciation: [kʰmaːe], Northern Khmer pronunciation: [kʰmɛr]) are a Southeast Asian ethnic group native to Cambodia, accounting for over 97% of the country's 15.9 million people. They speak the Khmer language, which is part of the larger Austroasiatic language family found in parts of Southeast Asia (including Vietnam and Laos), parts of central, eastern, and north eastern India, parts of Bangladesh in South Asia, in parts of Southern China and numerous islands in the Indian Ocean. The majority of the Khmers are followers of the Khmer style of Buddhism, a highly syncretic version that blends …

Wikipedia Share

Publications

CPCS · 22 November 2021 English

PARIS PEACE ACCORD FROM WAR TO PEACE Delivered online on 25th October 2021 hosted by The Initiative for Peacebuilding “Cambodia’s journey from war towards peace: Reflections from Cambodian peacebuilders on …

hopes and the dreams to become normal again. Cambodians as well as the international community worked world’s wisest moments to ascertain unity. For Cambodians, that special day is the time to assess what


World Bank Group · 4 November 2021 English

million in 2020, it is estimated that 97 percent of Cambodians are Khmer ethnicity. The remaining 3 percent in 2000 to 64% in 2018. In 2016, 43 percent of Cambodians ages 18–69 never The World Bank Health Equity


World Bank Group · 1 November 2021 English

million in 2020, it is estimated that 97 percent of Cambodians are Khmer ethnicity. The remaining 3 percent


World Bank Group · 1 November 2021 English

Official estimates showed that the percentage of Cambodians living under the national poverty line[footnoteRef:4]


ISC · 29 October 2021 English

The country had recovered from the devastation of the wars with Burma at the end of the 18th century and the beginning of the 19th century. [...] The two happened …

while, but eventually we opened our borders to Cambodians who became refugees. So, the United Nations and are still heavy with historical baggage. Some Cambodians seem obsessed about the Thai conquest of Phra


ADB · 2 September 2021 English

Initial Environmental Examinations (IEE) describe the environmental condition of a project, including potential impact, formulation of mitigation measures, and preparation of institutional requirements for environmental monitoring. This document dated September …

reduce poverty and improve the livelihood of all Cambodians. 30. The EIA Department of the MoE oversees


ADB · 2 September 2021 English

Initial Environmental Examinations (IEE) describe the environmental condition of a project, including potential impact, formulation of mitigation measures, and preparation of institutional requirements for environmental monitoring. This document dated September …

reduce poverty and improve the livelihood of all Cambodians. 98. The EIA Department of the MoE oversees


ADB · 2 September 2021 English

Initial Environmental Examinations (IEE) describe the environmental condition of a project, including potential impact, formulation of mitigation measures, and preparation of institutional requirements for environmental monitoring. This document dated September …

reduce poverty and improve the livelihood of all Cambodians. 89. The EIA Department of the MoE oversees


ADB · 1 September 2021 English

Safeguards due diligence reports are prepared as part of safeguard due diligence and review to ensure compliance with ADB safeguard policy due diligence requirements. This document dated September 2021 is …

lifestyle as Cambodians, attend Khmer public school and visit the same pagodas as Cambodians. However, Cambodian law that protect the rights of all Cambodians, not just indigenous peoples, to be involved others: ethnic Vietnamese married to Cambodians, Cambodians of Vietnamese origin, recent immigrants can freely conduct traditional events like Cambodians. There is no threat to them from the local authority society; they participate in social events like Cambodians and their children attend Cambodian schools as


ADB · 26 August 2021 English

Safeguards due diligence reports are prepared as part of safeguard due diligence and review to ensure compliance with ADB safeguard policy due diligence requirements. This document dated August 2021 is …

and confirmed in the Land Law 2001 (Article 4). Cambodians are able to register the land they occupy with


View more